So it has been confirmed: My cousin and his family will be driving up from Louisiana for Thanksgiving.
They will arrive a few days before the holiday and stay long enough to celebrate and visit loved ones.
Naturally I will be offline while they are visiting since they will have a rambunctious 4 year old in tow.
So for now it'll be business as usual: When I'm not otherwise busy with real world concerns, I'll continue progress on current wips, sort out messages & deviations. Feels nice to be drawing things again after all that artist's block <3
A fellow deviant expressed interest in the potato soup that I mentioned I was learning how to make one journal back, so after writing up the recipe for them I thought it'd be nice to post it for everyone else to try.
- Take 3 or 4 big potatoes
- Peel the skin off the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are peeled, rinse them off and chop them into chunks (you can leave some big if you want, but larger chunks take longer to soften).
- Place the potato chunks in a pot with a quart of water and set it to boil. To prevent the contents from boiling over, you can lower the heat a little.
- Cook until potato chunks are tender. Using a sharp knife, try to spear a few of them. If the pieces are still hard enough to wedge on the end of the knife, let them boil until soft.
Once the potato pieces are soft, take small bowl with the following ingredients:
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn pepper
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Pour in a cup of milk & mix until smooth or with minimal lumps.
- Pour in with the potatoes & Stir.
- Add in half a stick (or 4 tablespoons) of butter. Let butter melt.
Then serve. For taste you can add more salt or pepper.
And before I sign off on this journal, here's a song that comes to mind whenever I think of Thanksgiving.
"Welcome" sung by Blind Boys of Alabama (from Brother Bear OST) www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzrxrg…
Hope your Thanksgiving or November in general is a pleasant one.